With the launch of the flagship LG G7 ThinQ out of the way, LG has focused their attention on the mid-range, today broadening their offerings with the Q7, Q7+ and Q7α.
LG says that the three configurations of Q7, will be dependant on the region and market. All three phones offer a range of features built in the same chasis which includes the same 5.5″ 18:9 aspect ratio FHD+ (2160 x 1080) FullVision Display and are powered by an octa-core processor – either 1.5GHz or 1.8GHz.
Additionally LG has also added new Cameras, AI, Hi-Fi Audio, IP68 Rating, MIL-STD 810G rating and Fingerprint Sensor into the Q7 series offering different memory and camera configurations for the three models. The Q7 series is the first in its class to include a Quad-DAC, as well as DTS:X to deliver ‘virtual 3D surround sound, up to 7.1 channel audio through headphones’.
The spec list looks like this:
- Chipset: 1.5 GHz Octa-Core or 1.8GHz Octa-Core
- Display: 5.5-inch 18:9 FHD+ FullVision Display (2160 x 1080 / 442ppi)
- Q7+: 4GB RAM / 64GB ROM / microSD (up to 2TB)
- Q7: 3GB RAM / 32GB ROM / microSD (up to 2TB)
- Q7α: 3GB RAM / 32GB ROM / microSD (up to 2TB)
- Q7+ : Rear 16MP with PDAF / Front 8MP or 5MP (Super Wide Angle 5MP only)
- Q7 : Rear 13MP with PDAF / Front 8MP or 5MP (Super Wide Angle 5MP only)
- Q7α : Rear 13MP with PDAF / Front 5MP (Super Wide Angle)Battery: 3,000mAh- Q7+ : Rear 16MP with PDAF / Front 8MP or 5MP (Super Wide Angle 5MP only)
- OS: Android 8.0 Oreo
- Size: 143.8 x 69.3 x 8.4mm
- Weight: 145g
- Network: LTE / 3G / 2G
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 b, g, n / Bluetooth 4.2 BLE / NFC / USB Type-C 2.0
- Other: Fingerprint Scanner / QLens / Hi-Fi Quad DAC (Q7+) / DTS:X 3D Surround Sound / IP68 Water and Dust Resistance / Google Assistant / Face Recognition / Smart Rear Key / Fast Charging / MIL-STD 810G Compliant / Portrait Mode / Flash Jump Cut / Music Flash / Timer Helper / FM Radio
- Q7+: Aurora Black / Moroccan Blue / Lavender Violet
- Q7: Aurora Black / Moroccan Blue / Lavender Violet
- Q7α: Moroccan Blue
Ha Jeung-uk, senior vice president and business unit leader for LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company. said of the launch of the Q7 series:
Consumers in the market for a balanced smartphone with the latest premium features will find the LG Q7 very hard to resist. With selected features just only recently introduced in our 2018 LG G7ThinQ, the Q7 is a great combination of features, design, performance and price.
LG will announce local pricing and availability of the Q-Series as they appear around the globe.