LG has a history with introducing models of phone with a stylus, so it’s no surprise they’ve added one to their mid-tier Q Series with the LG Q Stylus.
As with the launch of the LG Q7 there’s not one, but three models of LG Q Stylus with the Q Stylus, Q Stylus+ and Q Stylus α. Also similarly, the three models won’t be available everywhere with the Q Stylus series starting to roll out in North America and Asia this month before moving to other markets laster this year.
The phone has the same body across all three models, with a 6.2″ 18:9 aspect ratio FHD+ (2160 x 1080) FullVision Display with a 3,300mAh battery powering the phone and of course it’s running Android 8.1.0 (Oreo). It’s when you look at the processor, RAM, Storage and even cameras (all single lens configs here) that you find the differences.
The LG Q Stylus, like the Q7 will include the same DTS:X audio LG has previously included in the V and G series, offering up to 7.1 channel 3D surround sound when listening with earphones. Also on-board is USB Type-C fast charging. The Smart Rear Key fingerprint sensor not only provides easy-to-reach security, it also doubles as the selfie camera shutter button.
The phone will handle the everyday life of a mobile user including both IP68 water and dust protection and MIL-STD 810G compliance to really handle anything.
The Stylus will offer the ability to take hand written notes, or draw diagrams, as well as offering the option to ‘personalize captured images and videos to create animated GIFs’.
The full spec sheet run down looks like this:
- Chipset: 1.5GHz Octa-Core or 1.8GHz Octa-Core
- Display: 6.2-inch 18:9 FHD+ FullVision Display (2160 x 1080 / 389ppi)
- Q Stylus+: 4GB RAM / 64GB ROM / microSD (up to 2TB)
- Q Stylus: 3GB RAM / 32GB ROM / microSD (up to 2TB)
- Q Stylusα: 3GB RAM / 32GB ROM / microSD (up to 2TB)
- Q Stylus+: Rear 16MP with PDAF / Front 8MP or 5MP with Super Wide Angle
- Q Stylus: Rear 16MP with PDAF / Front 8MP or 5MP with Super Wide Angle
- Q Stylusα: Rear 13MP with PDAF / Front 5MP with Super Wide Angle
- Battery: 3,300mAh
- Operating System: Android 8.1.0 Oreo
- Size: 160.15 x 77.75 x 8.4mm
- Weight: 172g
- Network: LTE / 3G / 2G
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 b, g, n / Bluetooth 4.2 / NFC / USB Type-C 2.0 (3.0 compatible)
- Q Stylus+: Aurora Black / Moroccan Blue / Lavender Violet
- Q Stylus: Aurora Black / Moroccan Blue
- Q Stylusα: Moroccan Blue
- Other: Stylus Pen / QLens / DTS:X 3D Surround Sound / IP68 Water and Dust Resistance3 / Google Assistant / Fingerprint Scanner / Smart Rear Key / Fast Charging / MIL-STD 810G Compliant / FM Radio
Ha Jeung-uk, senior vice president and head of LG Electronics’ Mobile Business Division said of the Q Stylus
The LG Q Stylus adds another dimension to our series of exceptionally-priced midrange phones that deliver amazing value to consumers. This phone is another example of LG’s promise to deliver a wider selection of devices this year with premium features designed to meet the diverse needs of today’s evolving smartphone users.
LG Australia is generally fairly quiet about the release of phones here in Australia preferring to wait until they’re ready to launch before advising about price and retail availability. We’ll be sure to let you know if LG has anything to say about the Q Stylus coming here.