The Huawei P20 Pro is one of the best phones around right now, and now you can get one for just $699 at JB HiFi if you port your number over to a new Telstra plan in-store. This offer frequently pops up at JB HiFi with the newest and best phones, and both Samsung and Google have had their phones promoted this way previously.
If you were thinking about Huawei’s P20 Pro and this tempts you, here’s what you need to know:
- The offer is available in-store only.
- You need to port in a number from another carrier.
- You take up Telstra’s $49 BYO plan
- You get 25GB monthly data plus unlimited calls and SMS for use in Australia
This offer – like most others – is likely to be for a limited time, so if you don’t want to miss out, make sure you get in early.
There’s a couple of ways to look at this:
- Buy a Huawei P20 Pro and get 12 months of (essentially) free mobile service from Telstra
- Save $400 on a P20 Pro, and pay probably about the same on your monthly bill to Telstra instead of whichever carrier you port from
What’s also interesting is that this is the first time – that I can think of – that this deal is being offered with a phone that isn’t available from Telstra ordinarily. This suggests to me that this is a promotion orchestrated by Huawei and JB Hi-Fi (as a Telstra dealer) rather than Telstra being involved in the deal itself.
Whichever way you read it, it’s a reasonable deal. Let us know if you’ll be taking it up.