The upcoming announcement of the Samsung Galaxy Note 9 cannot come soon enough. Every few days we see a new leak revealing more details of the Note 9. Overnight the folks at XDA revealed some interesting tidbits they found regarding the new S-Pen.
Using the Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 (which may also house an S-Pen) firmware an XDA teardown of it found some new information on the upcoming changes to the S-Pen. We already “knew” that the new S-Pen will have Bluetooth functionality that can be used to control music such as play, pause and skip tracks but wait, there’s more:
- You will be able to use the S-Pen to remotely activate the shutter on the camera
- The S-Pen will be able to be used to unlock your phone if the phone locks while the S-Pen is removed.
- There will be added functionality within apps which using the button on the S-Pen will be able to take advantage of.
- Pressing and holding the S-Pen button will be able to open any specified app or S-Pen feature
- Single and double press of the S-Pen button will be able to be mapped to different S-Pen functions
It seems that Samsung are adding a lot of functionality to the S-Pen in a bid to differentiate the device from other large phones out there. It will be interesting to see how Samsung plan to charge this S-Pen because you would imagine that with this Bluetooth functionality the battery drain would be high.
All will be revealed in New York in a few short weeks and you can be sure we will not only bring you the information from there as it happens but everything else revealed between now and then.
Last modified on 22 July 2018 12:34 pm