After announcing the Q Stylus series in June, LG Australia has begun the rollout of the stylus packing handset in Australia with the handset set to go on-sale shortly for $649.
The phone is now showing on the LG Australia website, and though it’s not there yet it appears that Harvey Norman will be stocking the phone at some stage. The phone will only be available in ‘Aurora Black’ with no listing for the ‘Morrocan Blue’ the phone was announced in on the LG Australia website.
The big feature for the Q Stylus – as per the name – is the Stylus. LG says that the Stylus will allow you the freedom to jot downhand written notes, draw diagrams, and the option to ‘personalize captured images and videos to create animated GIFs’.
The Q Stylus comes with a 6.2″ 18:9 aspect ratio FHD+ (2160 x 1080) FullVision Display with a 3,300mAh battery powering the phone and of course it’s running Android 8.1.0 (Oreo). The phone has 32GB of on-board storage with 3GB of RAM and comes with an octa-core processor though LG hasn’t listed much info on that on their site.
The phone has a 16MP camera sensor with PDAF on the rear while the front camera sensor will be either 8MP or 5MP with Super Wide Angle – but again, LG Australia hasn’t included much info on their site as yet.
The full spec sheet run down looks like this:
- Chipset: 1.5GHz Octa-Core or 1.8GHz Octa-Core
- Display: 6.2-inch 18:9 FHD+ FullVision Display (2160 x 1080 / 389ppi)
- Q Stylus: 3GB RAM / 32GB ROM / microSD (up to 2TB)
- Q Stylus: Rear 16MP with PDAF / Front 8MP or 5MP with Super Wide Angle
- Battery: 3,300mAh
- Operating System: Android 8.1.0 Oreo
- Size: 160.15 x 77.75 x 8.4mm
- Weight: 172g
- Network: LTE / 3G / 2G
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 b, g, n / Bluetooth 4.2 / NFC / USB Type-C 2.0 (3.0 compatible)
- Q Stylus: Aurora Black
- Other: Stylus Pen / QLens / DTS:X 3D Surround Sound / IP68 Water and Dust Resistance3 / Google Assistant / Fingerprint Scanner / Smart Rear Key / Fast Charging / MIL-STD 810G Compliant / FM Radio
The LG Q Stylus, will include the same DTS:X audio LG previously included in the V and G series, offering up to 7.1 channel 3D surround sound when listening with earphones. Also on-board is USB Type-C fast charging. The Smart Rear Key fingerprint sensor not only provides easy-to-reach security, it also doubles as the selfie camera shutter button.
LG has built the Q Stylus to be tough, incorporating both IP68 water and dust protection and MIL-STD 810G compliance.
To check it out in a little more depth you can check out the manual for the LG Q Stylus which is available on the LG Australia support site.
We’ve reached out to LG Australia to find out if there’s further information on the launch, but if this phone piqued your interest you won’t have long to wait to see it in person.