After teasing the Q Stylus on their website last month, LG Australia has today announced it’s now officially available for $649.
The big feature for the Q Stylus, is, as you’d expect the Stylus. LG says that the Stylus will allow you the freedom to jot down hand written notes or draw diagrams with the screen off as well as on. For more creative use cases there’s the option to ‘personalize captured images and videos to create animated GIFs’.
Bruce Leigh, LG Australia Marketing Manager for Mobile said of the Q Stylus
We’re always looking to expand our smartphone offering, particularly in the midrange category. What we love about the LG Q Stylus is that it is packed full of some of the premium audio features previously found in our flagship smartphones with further functionality beyond the typical keyboard.
The Q Stylus comes with a 6.2″ 18:9 aspect ratio FHD+ (2160 x 1080) FullVision Display with a 3,300mAh battery powers the phone and you get USB Type-C fast charging. The phone has an octa-core Mediatek MT6750 processor, 3GB of RAM and 32GB of on-board storage with microSD card for expansion.
The phone has a 16MP camera sensor with PDAF on the rear while the front camera sensor will be either 8MP or 5MP with Super Wide Angle.
The phone is running Android 8.1.0 (Oreo) but of course comes with LG UX with their inclusions in the software.
The full spec sheet run down looks like this:
- Chipset: 1.5GHz Octa-Core or 1.8GHz Octa-Core
- Display: 6.2-inch 18:9 FHD+ FullVision Display (2160 x 1080 / 389ppi)
- Q Stylus: 3GB RAM / 32GB ROM / microSD (up to 2TB)
- Q Stylus: Rear 16MP with PDAF / Front 8MP or 5MP with Super Wide Angle
- Battery: 3,300mAh
- Operating System: Android 8.1.0 Oreo
- Size: 160.15 x 77.75 x 8.4mm
- Weight: 172g
- Network: LTE / 3G / 2G
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 b, g, n / Bluetooth 4.2 / NFC / USB Type-C 2.0 (3.0 compatible)
- Q Stylus: Aurora Black
- Other: Stylus Pen / QLens / DTS:X 3D Surround Sound / IP68 Water and Dust Resistance3 / Google Assistant / Fingerprint Scanner / Smart Rear Key / Fast Charging / MIL-STD 810G Compliant / FM Radio
The LG Q Stylus, will include the same DTS:X audio LG previously included in the V and G series, offering up to 7.1 channel 3D surround sound when listening with earphones. Also on-board is USB Type-C fast charging. The Smart Rear Key fingerprint sensor not only provides easy-to-reach security, it also doubles as the selfie camera shutter button.
LG has built the Q Stylus to be tough, incorporating both IP68 water and dust protection and MIL-STD 810G compliance.
If a stylus driven phone is something you’ve been craving then this is a great budget conscious option to check out.