As part of their continual efforts to expand the platform, Twitter has today announced a raft of new premium content deals aimeda the Asia-Pacific region, with 10 new and extended deals in Australia.
The new content was announced at the TwitterFronts event in Singapore, where Twitter executives including Global Vice President of Content Partnerships, Kay Madati and Vice President of Asia Pacific Maya Hari presented the deals.
Across the region there will be content from FMA Indonesia, FOX Sports Asia which includes streaming Formula One and MotoGP coverage (@FSAsiaLive), NBC Universal, Network 18, NET TV, Red Chillies Entertainment, and Stadium Astro Malaysia. The content will feature hundreds of hours of live and additional video content which will be available to APAC advertisers.
Australian specific content leverages both new and extended deals with Seven, SBS, Domain, Sony Music, NRL, Fox Sports and more across Sports, Entertainment and News categories. In terms of local content, we can look forward to
- Fox Sports: Highlights from AFL and NRL finals, plus ongoing content partnership across A League, cricket and surfing.
NRL: Exclusive Rugby League content with weekly recaps, match previews, live content and insights from NRL talent.
Seven: Home to My Kitchen Rules and Melbourne Cup, Seven will continue to bring more content packages to the table in 2019 than ever before.
- Sony Music: Custom content from APAC’s biggest stars, behind the scenes clips, and original content that’s on Twitter first. It all kicks off with award winning artist @GuySebastian.
- NBCUniversal: E!’s signature Live from the Red Carpet events as well as popular TV programming from @eonlineau will now be available on Twitter.
- SBS: In 2019, SBS will again bring the best of Mardi Gras, Eurovision and major sporting events to Twitter.
- Domain: Domain will bring video highlights of everything property hunters need to know about buying, selling or renovating a home, on Twitter.
- BuzzFeed: BuzzFeed extends it partnership to Australia, providing the opportunity for brands to reach a younger, highly engaged audience. In-stream sponsorship packages include the hugely successful BuzzFeed brands @tasty, @nifty and @bringme.
- Bloomberg: Across accounts including @BloombergAsia and @BloombergJapan, Twitter’s got Asia and the world covered. In-stream sponsorship packages include Top Stories of the Day, @Markets Highlights and the latest @technology news.
- VICE: Combining VICE’s compelling voice with Twitter’s immediacy and conversational power, this partnership will deliver premium content to wherever young audiences are consuming news, culture and talking about what’s happening in their lives, at scale.
Kay Madati said of the new content deals:
Content is happening now at Twitter, and we have proven through the efficacy of the partnerships we have crafted, that content programming and distribution on Twitter is an essential part of any media company’s audience engagement and content monetization strategies.