Google has today released the October Android Security Bulletin addressing issues discovered and patched over the last month, and released Factory Images and OTA files for supported Nexus and Pixel devices.
As usual, the releases are in two parts, a 1st of October patch and a 5th of October patch though none of the Common Vulnerability and Exposures (CVEs) reported or discovered this month have seen active customer exploitation or abuse. The patches address issues discovered in the Framework, Kernel, System and Media Framework in all Android devices.
There is a Nexus and Pixel specific component of these releases, with Google addressing them in the Pixel / Nexus Security Bulletin. This month several fixes have been rolled into the updates including:
|A-112486006||Media||Improved performance for certain protected media formats||Pixel 2, Pixel 2 XL|
|A-112529920||Power||Improved fast-charging behavior for Pixel devices||Pixel, Pixel XL|
|A-79643956||Stability||Improved stability when using Android Auto||Pixel 2, Pixel 2 XL|
|A-111467967||Performance||Modified Call Screening behavior when using Maps Navigation||All|
- Pixel 2 9.0.0 (PPR2.181005.003, Oct 2018)
- Pixel 2 XL 9.0.0 (PPR2.181005.003, Oct 2018)
- Pixel 9.0.0 (PPR2.181005.003, Oct 2018) – Plus: 9.0.0 (PPR1.181005.003, Oct 2018, Telus Only)
- Pixel XL 9.0.0 (PPR2.181005.003, Oct 2018) – Plus: 9.0.0 (PPR1.181005.003, Oct 2018, Telus Only)
- Nexus 6P (OPM7.181005.003, Oct 2018)
- Nexus 5X (OPM7.181005.003, Oct 2018)
For everyone who owns a supported device you should now be able to hit the Check for Update button to have the OTA begin coming down.