Epson Australia have today launched their next-generation Moverio BT-35E augmented reality (AR) smartglasses with a transparent Si-OLED display.
At the launch event in Sydney today, an Epson Australia spokesperson told media that
prior to the new Moverio BT-35E smartglasses, Moverio products have been standalone and have included an Android-based controller unit. The Moverio BT-35E takes this to a new level and represents Epson’s first smartglasses that provide users with wider access to content that they want on a wearable display through existing output devices.
Unlike their older models which had a built-in Android controller the new BT-35E functions as a wearable display for any standard HDMI (HDMI1.4) output device, as well as any USB Type-C output device supporting DisplayPort Alt Mode, eliminating the need to create or port new content to the Moverio platform.
These new 7th generation smartglasses bring Epson’s optical expertise to an expanded audience for applications which include commercial drone piloting often used by real estate companies and engineers to survey ground or housing, remote field support as well as repair and maintenance of all kinds of machinery.
The Moverio BT-35E features include:
- Display: 720P, appears as an 80 inch screen at a distance of 5m
- No External Power Required (USB Type-C): When used with a compatible USB Type-C output device, the interface does not require an external power source
- ANSI Z87.1 Safety-Glass Compliant: ANSI certified protective shield allows glasses to be worn in a variety of commercial environments that require safety glasses
- a highly transparent Si-OLED HD wearable display gives users a second-screen experience that seamlessly blends digital content into the outside world.
- Dual (Binocular) Displays are ideal for stereoscopic 3D content, each lens has its own display in the user’s field of vision
Moverio BT-35E AR Smart Glasses are available for sale in Australia from mid October 2018 at RRP $1,199 from Epson.com.au.