Alongside the LG V40 ThinQ smartphone announced this morning, LG has also added a new smartwatch to their range with a hybrid smartwatch running Wear OS offering a mechanical movement with an LCD display.
The W7 watch was developed in partnership with Soprod SA of Switzerland, a manufacturer of Swiss-made mechanical and quartz movements, and offers a ‘high-precision quartz movement and physical watch hands’ inside a stainless steel body, which can be customised with standard 22mm interchangeable watch bands.
The hybrid watch offers LG the opportunity to offer increased usability with up to two days of use, with a further three to four days using just the analog only mode. The mechanical watch alone, without the smart features can run for up to 100 days on a single charge. LG says that the analog watch can display additional information including ‘altimeter, barometer, stopwatch, timer and compass directions’.
- Chipset: Qualcomm® Snapdragon Wear™ 2100 Platform
- Operating System: Wear OS by Google
- Display: 1.2-inch LCD (360 x 360 / 300ppi)
- Size: 44.5 x 45.4 x 12.9mm
- Weight: 79.5g
- Memory: 4GB eMMC / 768MB LPDDR3
- Battery: 240mAh
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 b, g, n / Bluetooth 4.2 BLE / USB Type-C 2.0
- Sensors: 9-Axis / Pressure
- Movement: 2 Hands / Micro Gearbox
- Color: Cloud Silver
- Other: IP68 Water and Dust Resistance / Quartz Movement
LG has advised that availability and pricing for the LG W7 hybrid smartwatch will be announced locally as the launches approach. We’ve not heard anything from LG Australia at this stage but we’ll let you know as soon as there’s something to announce.