After beginning a Beta test for their Pie update last month, HMD Global has announced that the Nokia 6.1 is now receiving the update in Australia.
Chief Product Officer, HMD Global Juhko Sarvikas made the announcement of Pie being available for the Nokia 6.1 on October 30, but it’s now hitting phones in Australia.
Android 9 Pie: now available on Nokia 6.1! AI-power your Nokia 6.1 as it gets smarter, faster and adapts as you use it. We are serving 🥧 with a side of cool refreshed imaging expereince including Google Lens integration pic.twitter.com/et5fkKhbst
— Juho Sarvikas (@sarvikas) October 30, 2018
Android Pie is built on the three major tenets of Intelligence, Simplicity and Digital Wellbeing, with Nokia bringing all the core functions of the Android 9.0 (Pie) update to their Android One devices. To date they’ve updated several of their devices, with many more expected to be updated shortly. The Android Pie update includes:
- App actions – Helps you get things done faster by predicting your next move and displaying the right action on your phone
- Slices – Identifies relevant information of your favourite apps to make them more easily accessible when you need them
- Adaptive battery – Uses deep learning to understand usage patterns and prioritise battery power on important apps
- Adaptive brightness – Automatically adapts phone brightness by learning from your interactions with different settings
- New System navigation – Features a single home button that provides intelligent predictions and suggestions (user enabled)
To grab the update, you should head into Settings > About Phone and then Check for updates to start receiving your tasty Pie now.