Electricity and Gas supplier AGL has launched their own Google Assistant app, giving you verbal access to your account.
After linking your AGL account to Google Assistant (you’ll need your AGL account number) you can access the app on your Google Home, or Assistant powered speaker as well as your Android and iOS smartphone. The app gives you the ability to check your ‘current account balances, bill due dates and switch to monthly billing or e-billing’, you can even ask for extensions on your bill due date.
AGL says the app will continue to be updated with more voice features, with the updated functions shown in the Google Assistant Explorer – or via email. Currently, the list of commands you can use with the AGL Assistant app include:
• Hey Google, talk to AGL.
• Hey Google, ask AGL when is my bill due
• Hey Google, ask AGL what is my account balance
• Hey Google, ask AGL what is my electricity usage
• Hey Google, ask AGL to change my account to monthly billing
• Hey Google, ask AGL to switch to e-Billing
• Hey Google, ask AGL for an energy saving tip
• Hey Google, ask AGL to extend my bill due date
• Hey Google, ask AGL what was my bill for March 2017
It’s a neat little app, with a 4.7 Star rating from 50 users, so it’s getting some positive feedback since it launched. If you’re signed up for AGL My Account it’s easy to do – otherwise you can sign up in the process of linking Google Assistant. Check it out in Google Assistant on your phone, on the web or just say ‘Hey Google, talk to AGL’.f
Do you know of a great Australian Google Assistant app? Let us know.