After a long wait – eight months, in fact – Huawei has finally brought the Matebook X Pro laptop to Australia. First announced at Mobile World Congress in 2018, the Matebook X Pro will go on sale in Australia this week at Microsoft’s flagship Sydney store.
What’s the Matebook X Pro offer?
Clearly inspired by smartphone design, the Matebook X Pro features a stunning 91% screen to body ratio, with an almost-borderless display. The 13.9-inch touchscreen has a 3:2 ratio, 3K resolution allowing for great graphics on the go.
The rest of the specs are equally impressive, though being six months old, the cutting edge has moved forward a little. The Matebook X Pro going on sale in Australia features:
- 13.9-inch notebook with FullView display and the highest screen-to-body ratio currently on a 13-inch notebook.
- High definition, vivid, touch-capable display, featuring a 3000 × 2000 (3K) resolution.
- Powered by Intel’s 8th Generation Intel Core i7 8550U / i5 8250U high-performance processor
- Sleek and ultra-slim design: just 14.6mm thick and weighing just 1.33 kg.
- Dolby ATMOS Sound System, including breakthrough, moving audio with Dolby Atmos and custom speakers.
- Long-lasting battery life with 57.4Wh (Typical capacity) battery and intelligent power-saving management technology enabling up to 12-hour video playback (1080P), 14-hour office work or 15-hours web browsing.
At the Huawei Mate 20 Pro launch event a couple of weeks ago, Huawei’s Australian managing director Larking Huang let this cat out of the bag. It’s clear that he is excited about bringing the Matebook X Pro to Australia:
We are delighted to be introducing the HUAWEI MateBook X Pro range with such a great partner like Microsoft. The release of the HUAWEI MateBook X Pro range marks the launch of our first-ever notebook products in Australia. The new HUAWEI MateBook X Pro range answers the local demand for stylish, convenient, feature-rich and smart products that deliver both intelligent experiences and real mobile productivity.
What’s special about Huawei’s Matebook X Pro?
There’s a number of great user experience perks, including a power button with built-in fingerprint reader that supports Windows Hello, fast booting in just 7-8 seconds, and a pop-up camera that stays out of the way and protects users’ privacy.
In Australia, the Matebook X Pro will be available in two colours – Space Grey and Mystic Silver – and two configurations:
- i5 version with 8GB RAM and 256GB SSD storage for $1,899
- i7 version with 16GB RAM and 512GB SSD storage for $2,599
Another welcome inclusion is a the MateDock 2, included in the box, which allows the Matebook X Pro to interface with USB-A accessories, and HDMI and VGA displays.
An unmissable Introductory & Black Friday offer
As an incentive to early customers, Huawei is offering a huge discount for Black Friday.
For a limited time only, receive savings of up to $300 for selected Huawei Matebook X Pro notebooks. Available at the flagship Microsoft Store Sydney and online at www.microsoft.com/en-au, from Friday 16 November until Monday 26 November, while stocks last.