HMD Global has been busy behind the scenes of late, bringing the Android Pie update to the Nokia 8 just before Christmas, now they’re moving on and the Nokia 5.1 Plus is the next in line to receive it’s Pie update. but the firm isn’t finished just yet. The Nokia brand licensee has just announced that the update is now heading to the Nokia 5.1 Plus too.
Announced on Twitter by Juho Sarvikas, HMD Global’s chief product officer, the rollout should begin hitting handsets globally over the next few days as HMD Global staggers the rollout.
— Juho Sarvikas (@sarvikas) December 27, 2018
Though he hasn’t outlined what’s in the update, a reply to his tweet shows the update is already hitting phones with these features listed in the update changelog:
- New system navigation, settings menu and notifications
- Adaptive Battery power prioritisation for users’ most commonly used apps/services
- Adaptive and optimised brightness levels
- Predictive Application Actions
- Google Security Patch 2018-12
The update will please many of the fans of the Nokia 5.1 Plus, but if you’re interested and want to check out our thoughts, Alex laid out the full Ausdroid review earlier this week.