Popular messaging app Viber has done what so many other apps are doing lately, added dark mode among other UI changes in the latest update.
The messaging competition is fierce in the current market, so developers have to keep up with what others are doing in the same market. Viber stay ahead of some of the others with multi device and desktop install options but they’ve lagged behind a little in UI until recently where they’ve tweaked the UI and added a few functions.
The change list for the latest update includes
- Dark Mode has arrived! Take a walk on the dark side with a new Viber theme.
- Introducing the new Viber 10 – Simpler, Faster & Safer!
- Brand new design with a sleeker look
- Get all personal chats, groups, Communities and favorite public content in one main chat list
- Find recent calls and address book contacts in the new Calls screen
- More privacy: Chat with new people from your Communities and keep your phone number hidden
The new dark mode in apps is being pushed by Google as they look set to introduce a system-wide dark mode in Android Q. The argument for it is that it saves battery life given the lower battery drain when lighting a dark display.
With continued private concerns around Facebook-owned Messenger and Whatsapp, many users are looking for other options, Viber being one of them. Will you be joining the migration to Viber?