Google Drive users on both Android and iOS will be see a visual update to Material Design on their mobile devices in the next app update.
The news comes from the G Suite Blog which outlines a number of changes which not only bring the app into line with Google’s own Material Design guidelines, but also make it far easier to navigate through.
- The bottom navigation bar has added quick access features
- Search functionality is easier to access with the search bar placed more prominently throughout navigation
- Additional quick access to My Drive, Team Drives and My Computers with quick access tabs added
- A quicker and easier to use actions menu has been added
- Account switching is faster and easier
Unsurprisingly, we use Google Drive heavily at Ausdroid and I can see how the changes will make Drive more functional for user daily, with accessibility saving not just time but effort.
Android users will see the changes rolling out from March 18th and people using that fruity OS will see it starting March 12th.