Spark is a hugely popular email client on MacOS and iOS, and the developers behind it have sensed an opportunity with the popular Inbox being discontinued.

Spark has been brought to Android and teased by some not very subtle hints for a while (starting back in September) and honestly, I’m very happy about this – here’s why.

I’ve used it for a while on my Mac and found that while the interface doesn’t copy the bundles that Inbox had, it does a very good job of collating your emails into functional groups and mailing list groups.

A particular favourite feature for me is the ability to pin an email to the top of your screen when you’ve got an important, ongoing discussion with someone that needs attention. It’s really easy to get your email into distraction free state!

Of course the ability to snooze emails to a more suitable time to respond is there and while the opportunity isn’t particularly plentiful in my regular realms, you can actually collaborate on composition of an email with your co-workers or schedule an email to send “later” at that perfect time.

If you’re an Inbox refugee looking for another home outside of Gmail, check it their blog post for further information. I’d encourage you to give Spark a real shot at becoming your daily driver because you’ll likely be happy with the end result.

Source: Spark.
Via: 9to5Google.
    Deej
    Deej
    1 year ago

I just uninstalled Inbox and sideloaded an older version from apkmirror. Seems to work fine so far, but not sure for how long though – doesn’t even come up with the countdown reminder / warning even. The current version I previously had stopped working this morning for me.

George
    George
    1 year ago

it’s available now. Just installed

Chris Laarman
    Chris Laarman
    1 year ago

Spark and other apps by Readdle are among my favourites on my iOS devices, and I appreciate Readdle’s support. I’d love to have these apps on Android, too.
    (Yes, the Play Store already features some similar titles by others. Reminds me of the days just before Microsoft Office was ported to Android and iOS.)

dbareis
    dbareis
    1 year ago

The linked website says:

Spark is currently available for iPhone, iPad and Mac

Spark will be a cross-platform email client soon. Please enter your email and we’ll let you know when it’s available for your device.

[] Web
    [] Android
    [] Windows

Radix
    Radix
    1 year ago

Was it an April fools?

William Beckett
    William Beckett
    Reply to  Radix
    1 year ago

I do’nt think so. Looking at their twitter account there’s been a beta running for a while now.

Peter
    Peter
    1 year ago

They don’t seem to have any mention of an android version on their website and the Google Play link doesn’t work anymore. Did something happen between you reporting and posting about this?