Twitter has been around quite a while, and the team behind the social network are always looking to bring new features that users will want to use.
While the platform can’t quite figure out how to ban hate speech, or deal with reports of inappropriate behaviour in a timely manner (or at all, sometimes), some of these new features will be pretty welcome.
Here’s a list of some of the new features Twitter has been working on:
- Avoid spoilers: Winter is here and with it comes a mind-boggling list of binge-worthy series being released this week. There is nothing worse than opening the internet to a minefield of all kinds of spoilers. Never fear, as you can now mute certain keywords and mentions from appearing in your timeline. Mute words like ‘Gilead’, ‘Handmaid’s Tale’, or ‘Big Little Lies’ to live a calm, spoiler free existence.
- Retweet with GIFS or images Has a Tweet ever made you lost for words? A picture says a thousand words — you can now express how you feel by Retweeting and simply adding your favourite GIF.
- Activate NightMode: Too much blue light can stop you getting shut eye. Don’t forget to switch to dark mode on any late-night Twitter scrolling to get a good night’s sleep.
- Celebrate good times: On your birthday, Twitter will get the party started by showering you with a screen full of colourful balloons.
- It’s all going down in the DMs: Your flirt game just got better. Tap on a Tweet you want to share, follow through with the Share icon and pick your crush. Viola! You’ve slide right through.
- Manage multiple accounts: Community managers rejoice! To avoid your next “Oops wrong profile incident… Twitter has made switching between your personal and business profiles a breeze by tapping through to the more or plus icon via the Profile menu. From here, you can Add an existing account.
- Resurfacing classic Tweets: We all know there isn’t a more funnier joke than your own (Oh you!) To relive some of the hilarious Tweets you’ve shared over the years, head to the Search Twitter bar with the search string hack from:@TwitterAU “knock knock” to dig up your archive without the endless scrolling
What handy features do you use in Twitter to help you manage your account, find what you’re looking for or communicate more effectively?