Huawei has announced today that its latest smartwatch – the Huawei Watch GT – has sold more than two million times worldwide since it first launched in October last year, making it the most popular Huawei wearable yet.
Since its launch, the Huawei Watch GT has been praised – by others and myself included – for its long battery life and good feature set. The Watch GT features a dual-chipset design and runs Huawei’s proprietary Lite OS, which can deliver up to two weeks battery life in ideal conditions.
Indeed, a post-purchase survey found that 81% of customers who bought the watch did so because of the battery life claims (which, I can confirm are legit).
Huawei notes that other technological innovations welcomed by consumers include:
- Huawei Truseen 3.0 heart rate monitor technology that can monitor the heart rate for an entire day (24 hours) in real time providing detailed feedback on a user’s health. This technology was nominated for the MWC 2019 Best Wearable Mobile Technology Award.
- Huawei Trusleep 2.0 which helps users to identify six typical sleep problems and provide advice and personalised services to improve sleep quality.
- More than 10 sport modes, which help consumers track and monitor their exercise regimes and training schedules.
Earlier this year, alongside the P30 Pro launch, Huawei announced two new models, a 46mm Active Edition and a 42mm Elegant Edition, giving customers more choice.
While the Huawei Watch GT wasn’t initially available to buy in Australia – coming as a purchase gift with the Mate 20 Pro – you can now buy it from three online retailers, as below:
- Kogan: GT Watch Sport in Stainless Steel Black and Watch GT Classic in Saddle Brown
- MobileCiti: GT Watch Sport in Stainless Steel Black and Watch GT Classic in Saddle Brown
- Bnext: GT Classic in Saddle Brown
If you haven’t already, check out our review of the Huawei Watch GT from earlier this year. While it might lack a few features compared to watches powered by Wear OS or Samsung’s wearable range, it makes up for this with fitness features you need and battery life that lasts well over a week.