Google has flicked the switch to enable easier PayPal integration for Google Pay merchants, allowing businesses to easily accept PayPal payments in 24 countries where customers can link PayPal to Google Pay.
- Businesses can reach more customers, as there are many customers who’ve already got PayPal and can now seamlessly use it through Google Pay without finding their wallets and their cards.
- Customers won’t need to sign in with PayPal once linked to their Google Pay accounts, making for a faster, easier checkout process.
- Merchants will receive all the benefits of PayPal acceptance despite integrating with Google Pay, including instant settlement, no minimum processing requirements and seller protection.
- Customers get more choices – pay by card, credit, PayPal and more.
- Integration for merchants is as easy as adding a few simple lines of code.
The process gets a bit technical beyond that, but it’s anticipated most merchants that have already developed Google Pay integrations will be able to integrate PayPal into their Google Pay acceptance within a couple of hours.
For more info, head on over to the Google Developer pages.