Like many of the traditions co-opted into the Australian landscape, Black Friday began as an American thing (the first shopping day after Thanksgiving). In other words, after our US friends spend a day being thankful for everything, they’re encouraged to go out in a splash of retail orgy the following day.
Makes sense. Regardless of your views, Black Friday is now very definitely a thing in Australia, and there’s some genuinely great bargains to be found on technology toys to keep us all happy in the lead up to Christmas.
JB HiFi – one of Australia’s favourite technology retailers – has a range of great technology deals, including 25% off HiSense TVs, 20% of selected Windows computers from Dell, Lenovo, and HP, 20% off home security gear and more.
Here’s some of the bargains available from this Friday (29 November) that caught our attention:
- Sony 75-inch KD75X8500G TV for $2495 – that’s $1000 off.
- Samsung 46mm Galaxy Watch Silver for $299 – that’s $250 off. This watch was released last year (around this time) and there are newer ones, but I still use this as my favourite wearable. Note that this isn’t the LTE variant, and even though that’s the model I use, I very rarely actually use the LTE features. The Bluetooth one is great value.
- PS4 500G $229 – save $180.
- Samsung Galaxy S10+ Black $1299 – save $550.
- Oppo Reno 5G for just $999 – save $500.
- Ring Doorbell Pro for $299 – save $100.
There’s plenty of other bargains listed on the OzBargain thread but these are definitely our headline features.
We’ve got other Black Friday specials coming from Amazon and others which we’ll share during the week. Note that these deals aren’t listed online at JB HiFi just yet, as they’re not available until Friday.