There’s no escaping it, Christmas is almost upon us and it is everywhere. Google as always is getting in on the action with a new voice-activated experience for Nest Hub and Nest Hub Max created right here in Australia.
Google’s My Gingerbread Creator helps you to use your imagination to create gingerbread houses exactly how you want them to be made. It lets you design, build, and watch your dream gingerbread house come to life on the screen in front of you (on the smart display). It will then give you all the information you need to do it IRL including the ingredients required, step by step video instructions.
TO get started all you have to say is:
Hey Google, talk to My Gingerbread Creator.
Not entirely bespoke the experience has 243 different possible combinations allowing you to base your gingerbread house wherever you want:
Choosing whether it’s based at the beach, in space or the outback, and if you’d prefer to bunk with kangaroos, swimmers, or aliens. You can even add a shark fin or unicorn chimney.
How it works
- Ask a Google Nest display device, “Hey Google, talk to My Gingerbread Creator”
- Answer a series of questions about what kind of house you’d like to create e.g. “What kind of gingerbread house would you like to make? A tent, a rocket ship, or a beach shack?”
- Once you’ve made your virtual gingerbread house, Google Nest provides a bespoke shopping list of ingredients you’ll need to create your gingerbread house in real life
- Google Nest give a bespoke step-by-step video recipe (hosted by Aussie celebrity Chef,Anna Polyviou) to create your gingerbread house at home.
- Look at it for at least 5 minutes before devouring!
The new feature is only available on Nest Hub and Nest Hub Max but is certainly something you could have fun with and would make a great talking point as a table centrepiece on Christmas day.