Arlo Technologies is a leader in the wireless security game. We’ve previously taken time to review their Arlo Cameras and doorbell options. Now they’ve broadened their scope adding a floodlight camera to their product range.
The versatile floodlight camera brings powerful LEDs, an integrated 2K HDR camera, 160-degree field of view, two-way audio, custom lighting configurations and a built-in siren to any home or small business.
The camera integrates with Google Assistant or Alexa, while fitting into existing Arlo infrastructure in your home or stand alone. The feature set is impressive and – in some areas – a significant step forward from other floodlight camera options.
- Superior Brightness: Powerful LED’s illuminate a wide area, activated by motion or manually.
- 2K Video with HDR: Zoom in on objects and see clearer details and colours in 2K HDR during live or recorded video viewing.
- Colour Night Vision: See what’s lurking in the dark with colour night vision or traditional black and white.
- 160-degree Diagonal View: Keep an eye on more of what matters with a wider field-of-view.
- 2-Way Audio: Hear and speak to visitors clearly with superior audio quality.
- Built-in Smart Siren: Trigger your siren remotely or automatically during an event.
- Rechargeable Battery: Convenient and long-lasting battery to take the expense out of security.
- Custom Control: Enhance protection with custom floodlight and camera settings.
There is a significant amount of work that has gone into making this a truly “smart” device. Extra sensors for light triggering and integration with the Arlo Smart cloud service minimising false triggers. This all comes together with easy access to motion alerts and recordings through the Arlo app.
It’s an impressive piece of kit and would easily work well as a driveway floodlight, side alley safety light or back yard item or in a variety of other locations for visibility and safety.