Just in time for kids going back to school next week, HMD Global has announced a new value mobile phone for Australia in the form of the Nokia 2.3. Priced at $199 and launching with Android 9 Pie, the phone is pitched as a value flagship, and launches this week on 23rd January.
Available just in time for the new school year, the Nokia 2.3 combines security with the latest tech at an affordable $199, making it the perfect choice for parents looking to buy their kids a smartphone for the new year.
The Nokia 2.3 is fuelled by advanced AI, with features including the new and exclusive ‘Recommended Shot” feature, two days of battery life and biometric facial recognition technology. Users also benefit from monthly security updates and two major OS updates, and with HMD Global’s data collection centre based in Finland and compliant with European security measures and legislation, users benefit from the highest global security standards.
Other features include:
- ‘Recommended Shot’ – Nokia’s brand new exclusive feature which automatically captures alternate shots at the press of a button and recommends the best one
- A 13MP + 2MP dual sensor rear camera which lets you take unique portraits with a variety of exclusive bokeh and AI powered image fusion to capture the perfect shot event in low light
- Biometric facial recognition, to unlock your phone at a glance, with liveliness detection for added security
- Two-day battery life on a single charge and AI-assisted Adaptive Battery technology
- A dedicated Google Assist button to complete daily tasks at the touch of a button
- Delivered on Android 9 Pie and ready for Android™ 10 and beyond. Android One delivers a pure software experience with a streamlined interface and no bloatware.
- With the arrival on Android™ 10 the 2.3 will benefit from advanced parental controls, allowing parents to manage their kids’ apps and activity
- A large 6.2” HD+ screen with an elegant aesthetic inspired by Nokia’s Nordic design heritage, with a stylish 3D nano-textured cover
The Nokia 2.3 will be available in Cyan Green, Sand and Charcoal from Thursday 23rd January 2020 at JB Hi-Fi, Harvey Norman, Big W, The Good Guys and Officeworks – and will also be coming soon to Telstra – for $199 RRP.