Samsung Galaxy Note10+/Note 10+ 5G users are receiving a notification advising them of a major software update to Android 10, which brings with it an updated One UI 2.0 along for the ride and a slew of enhanced features and updates.
The updates will bring Note 10+/Note 10+ 5G users up to Android 10 but also bring an updated One UI version 2 which sees new features and updates that include:
- Dark Mode
- Bringing updated icons and updated colours
- Smoother animations
- Full screen gestures
- Refined interactions
- New one-handed modes that enable you to use one hand to use the device instead of two
- New and updated accessibility features
- Better text over wallpapers
- Updated biometrics
- Enhanced device care that provides better battery information along with limiting battery sharing and more
- Updated digital wellbeing information and features
- Updated Camera functions and features like the ability to edit modes that appear at the bottom of the camera screen along with improved layout
- Updated Samsung Internet browser with additional features such as customisable quick menu and the ability to install add-on apps and services from the Samsung Galaxy Store
- Updated Samsung Contacts, Calendar, Reminder, My Files and Calculator apps
- Android Auto now preloaded – so no need to have to go and install it separately from the Play Store.
- Ability to now Sync your gallery with Microsofts OneDrive
The update also includes the 1st December security patch, which is a little bit surprising given we are almost through to the end of January and will be heading into February in just over a week, so here’s hoping Samsung will provide an updated security patch some time soon, but highly unlikely.
The size of the update according to Samsung is 1977.29MB so if you don’t have a lot of data available to download the update, it might be worth trying to do so over a Wi-Fi connection.
Furthermore, upon checking the Android Update blog on the three major telco’s, it would seem the testing and rollout are now happening for Optus users with Vodafone advising deployment rolling out and Telstra not providing any details about any update.
To check if you have an update available, simply go to Settings > Software Update > Download and Install to see if you have the update ready and waiting for download.