At the end of last year, Oppo launched its 3rd generation of the premium Reno smartphones in China, in the form of the Reno 3 and Reno 3 Pro. Just two months on, Oppo is bringing the range to India, but it looks like it’ll just be the Pro variant.
This is big news for Oppo (and for smartphones in India) as the Oppo Reno 3 Pro will be the most expensive Oppo smartphone on sale in India. It will launch with a price of INR 41,000 (approx $850 AUD), alongside a model with greater storage for INR 46,000 (approx $950 AUD).
Featuring 4G LTE connectivity – noting that India doesn’t have commercial 5G networks just yet – the new Oppo Reno 3 Pro features:
- Display: 6.5-inch AMOLED panel, 90Hz refresh rate, 2400×1080 pixels, 20:9 aspect ratio, 500 nit brightness, Gorilla Glass 5 protection.
- Chipset & GPU: Snapdragon 765G, 7nm, Adreno 620 GPU
- RAM & Storage: 8GB LPDDR4X with 128GB, 12GB LPDDR4X with 256GB storage
- Software: Android 10, ColorOS 7.0
- Rear cameras: Quad camera module, 48MP Sony IMX586 sensor, 8MP ultrawide lens (116-degree), 13MP telephoto lens, 2MP mono lens.
- Selfie camera: 32MP sensor, f/2.4 aperture
- Battery: 4020mAh capacity, 30W VOOC 4.0 charging technology
- Other features: in-display fingerprint sensor, 3.5mm audio jack, Dolby Atmos dual speakers
It’s not clear when the Oppo Reno 3 Pro will come to Australia, but it looks like a top notch smartphone without the top notch pricetag that they usually come with.
Enjoy it, India!