Right on cue Google has released the March update for Pixel phones along with details of the Pixel feature drop. While all the details of the feature drop have been revealed not all seem to be present in the update just yet.
The list is substantial with all Pixels (from Pixel 2 on) receiving some love with various audio, bluetooth, camera, face unlock, and video fixes — along with more general System UI fixes and kernel updates. Check out the list above to see what your Pixel will receive fixes for.
Along with the fixes the Pixel Feature Drop is also included although at this stage not all features seem to be active — it is possible they will require either app updates or a server side switch for them to become functional.
Android Police have compiled a list of the features arriving and they include:
- New play/pause gesture for Pixel 4 Motion Sense
- Pixel 2 gets Live Caption
- Car Crash Detection rolls out for Pixel 4 in Australia and the UK
- AR effects for Duo video calls
- Pixel 4 front-facing/selfie camera portrait blur improvements
- 169 new emoji from the 12.1 release
- New power button wallet menu for quick access to Google Pay payment methods, boarding passes, tickets, etc.
- Support for screenshots of boarding passes is also coming for Pixel 3, 3a, and 4, with real-time flight updates
- Scheduled dark theme/mode, including sunset/sunrise triggers
- New automation Rules for Wi-Fi networks or physical location
- Long-press in the Pixel Launcher for the Pixel 4 now includes “firm” presses
- Pixel 4 screens set to adaptive brightness will get brighter now in strong, direct light
Some of the above features we have seen in the Android 11 Dev Preview but some are totally new. Check out the list above and try them out on your Pixel. With the feature drop and security update rolling out now you won’t have long to wait before it pops up on your phone.
Grab the update and let us know which new Pixel features are live for you and what you like most about the March Pixel Feature Drop.