Whenever we see a popular game switch to “free” on the Play Store the cynics among us suspect they have moved to a new freemium model where the developer nickel and dime you for every movement within a game. The developers of Hitman GO have decided to stick with their current model and make the game free.
For a limited time Hitman GO is free on not just the Google Play Store but also the Apple App Store, down from $9.99. Hitman GO is a diorama-style puzzle game based on the Agent 47 franchise. It is different to say the least.
The game does include some freemium IAPs (hints and box unlocks) but they can be unlocked by completing objectives within the game itself. ie. Play it enough and you can unlock everything within the game.
Hitman GO is a turn-based puzzle game with beautifully rendered diorama-style set pieces. You will strategically navigate fixed spaces on a grid to avoid enemies and take out your target or infiltrate well-guarded locations. You really have to think about each move and all the Hitman tools of the trade you would expect are included; disguises, distractions, sniper rifles and even 47’s iconic Silverballers.
With Hitman GO, you’ll experience:
- Challenging puzzles that put your assassination skills to the test
- Beautiful scale model-style visuals
- Environments with secret passageways and off-limit areas
- Agent 47’s tools of the trade: Distractions, disguises, hiding spots, sniper rifles and even the iconic Silverballers
- Different enemy types with unique and deadly behaviours
- Different ways of completing each level, silently or forcefully
The game looks to be a real challenge and with many of us on so much spare time on our hands at the moment it could be a fun way to get the brain juices flowing. Use it or lose it. Can’t hurt to go and grab it and give it a go — the App Store link is currently down but hopefully Apple update that soon so our iOS brethren can also enjoy the game while it is free.