While 2020 may be the year we’d all like to forget, it looks like the future is a little brighter for science fiction fans, with a whole swathe of new Star Wars and Marvel shows coming from Disney+ over the next couple of years. In total, there’s a huge 10 new shows from each franchise coming.
For Star Wars fans, the new shows include:
- An Ahsoka Tano show staring Rosario Dawson as the titular lead
- Following the Solo movie, Lando Calrissian will get his own series too
- Hayden Christiansen will return as Darth Vader in a new Obi-Wan Kenobi show
Joining these are a new feature film titled Rogue Squadron, and a show based on the spymaster Cassian Andor from Rogue One titled Andor, as well as Rangers of the New Republic, mystery thriller Acolyte, set long before the rise of the Empire, and animated programs The Bad Batch, Star Wars: Visions and A Droid’s Story.
— Star Wars (@starwars) December 10, 2020
For Marvel universe fans, there’s plenty of new content coming too. The new content includes:
- WandaVision which will connect with the Doctor Strange sequel.
- Loki with Tom Hiddleston returning to the titular role.
- Raya and the Last Dragon coming in March 2021.
- Falcon and the Winter Soldier also coming in March 2021.
— Marvel Studios (@MarvelStudios) December 11, 2020
If you’re like me and a big fan of the Star Wars universe, then you’re probably already happy having just read the first half of this story. The additional Marvel content is icing on the cake.
I can’t wait to watch the whole lot.
For further details on the whole announcements from Disney’s Investor Day, check out the live stream below:
Come one, come all to #DisneyInvestorDay! Expect major announcements from the worlds of @DisneyAnimation, @Pixar, @MarvelStudios, @StarWars, @NatGeo, @DisneyPlus, and more. Follow this thread for live updates starting at 4:30 p.m. ET / 1:30 p.m. PT today! pic.twitter.com/Duh0KHcojG
— Disney (@Disney) December 10, 2020