As the world is evolving and many of us are spending less time out of the home, our data is becoming more precious. Even more so with the likes of Google ending free, unlimited storage for photos and other storage.
During a release event, Synology has given us a look at the future of storage and data management from their perspective. This includes storage management, monitoring of your data integrity and drives health, Backup and recovery as well as — for home users — photo storage and management. This has come to fruition with the release of DiskStation Manager 7.0 being released as a public beta with some huge changes afoot including.
- A completely redesigned photo management interface including AI features for Moments and people recognition.
- New management features to improve performance and give network administrators better control
- Interface tweaks to make usability easier for the novice or advanced user base
- Better security for your data
- Hybrid Share: to integrate cloud and on-premises storage
- Active Insight: to monitor aggregated performance and usage (of multiple devices if needed) from a single portal
- Easy backup solutions
If you’re investigating self-hosting your data and want to know more about Synology solutions, there’s plenty of information on their website.
We’ll also be taking a closer look at the DS720+ in the coming weeks as a photo storage option and a deeper dive into what the unit is really capable of.