Ring is a name that is well recognised through the home video setup market. They have a number of security camera options as well as doorbells. Their latest offering adds to the doorbell arsenal, with a wired option that is packed with features.
The Ring Video Doorbell Wires will set you back just AU$119 and features everything you expect from a Ring device. The motion detection options, privacy zones and 1080p video feeds it offers great value for money. It’s not just the feature set that makes it attractive though, it’s also compact compared to other Ring offerings, coming in at roughly 80% of the size of the Ring Doorbell V2.
Despite its small size, the feature set is pretty comprehensive offering:
- 1080p HD video with night vision
- Two-way audio that includes noise cancellation to prevent static and feedback loops
- Customisable Motion Zones, extremely useful depending on the direction your doorbell faces eg. roads
- Privacy Zones that can eliminate monitoring from areas
- Advanced Motion Detection sends an alert to the Ring app when motion is detected with a set distance
- Additional features — via subscription — include colour Pre-Roll, People Only Mode, and Rich Notifications
Even just a single camera around your home could help protect you from becoming part of the estimated $468 million parcel theft loss annually in Australia. The simple changeover of a wired doorbell to a Ring Video Doorbell Wireless could be a worthy investment for your home. It just needs a power feed and can, in theory, be hooked up to an existing bell if you have one.
If it’s sounding enticing then guess what? Ring Video Doorbell Wired will be available for pre-order from tomorrow in Australia for $119 on Amazon.com.au. Or if you prefer to order once available or to buy through bricks and mortar stores then it will be available from February 25, 2021 on Ring.com, Bunnings and JB Hi-Fi.