We see a lot of leaks in the current digital age, so much so that rarely are we surprised by actual release details. Huawei is not immune to this and with a new image that’s appeared on Weibo, we get a decent look at what may be the Mate X2.
The image shows a tall and thin design, with a folding action that closes in to protect the main screen similar to the Samsung Galaxy Fold. This is a significant change from the Mate XS which folded outward causing concern — and undoubtedly damage to some devices — about the long term viability of the device.
So far we’ve seen a lot of rumours circulating about the potential specs of the device, GSM Arena lists the unofficial specs as:
- The larger display is 8.01-inches with a 2480 x 2222 resolution
- The “outer” ie. when folded display is 6.45-inch 1160 x 2700 resolution and comes with a 90Hz refresh
- A Kirin 9000 5G processor drives it
- 4400mAh battery with 66W charging support powers the beast
- 512GB storage and 12GB of memory
- A full array of connectivity options
- A camera of the level we’ve come to expect from Huawei
As we see more emerge of the device before it’s launch, we’ll continue to stay on top of the updates.
What would make you consider buying one of the next generations of folding phones?