Arlo continued to grow in strength as a DIY home security and monitoring option. Their cameras have continued to evolve, offering new, smart and current technologies with each iteration. Now the market is maturing, the expectations from users too are maturing. Users want not just to see but see clearly what is happening at their home.
The Arlo Pro 4 brings updated and new features to the home. The Arlo Pro 4 continues the previous generations connectivity and compatibility with wire-free setup, rechargeable battery (with claims of up to six months on a single charge), Smart Connections including Apple HomeKit,3 Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, Samsung SmartThings and IFTTT finally, of course, it’s weather resistant.
Other features of the Arlo Pro 4 include:
- 2K Video with HDR: Brings clearer vision to your devices, so you can clearly see whats happening at your home.
- 160-Degree Viewing Angle: Gives you a wider view, maximising visibiltiy.
- Integrated Spotlight: Gives users clearer vision as well as safety to your entryway at night
- Built-In Smart Siren: Can be triggered by schedule or manually to ward off potential intruders.
- Colour Night Vision: Thanks to the spotlight, you can see in colour at night – giving better visibility of what may be moving in your yard.
- Two-Way Audio: Communicate with visitors easily through the noise reduction system
The Arlo Pro 4 camera will be available mid-March through the usual retail channels at an RRP of AUD $369 for a Pro 4 single cam, AUD $699 for a two-camera kit and AUD $1,299 for a four-camera kit.