Touted as delivering a pure sound experience, the ear(1) from Nothing has finally launched. While there’s a lot more to explore, the headline of the US$99 price tag, active noise cancellation and 34 hours of batter life will attract attention.
The earbuds are designed to really show off the engineering, with transparent sections of the device. This give a raw, almost industrial feel to the ear(1) showing the inner workings in previously unseen detail. The earbuds weigh 4.7 grams each, making them ultra comfortable for longer periods and even the case is engineered with purpose. Specifically, the design ensures that the buds are secure in the case.
The sound is said to be balanced across all audio ranges by a team of expert, delivering sound from its 11.6mm driver. The collective design and audio elements were summed up by CEO of Nothing, Carl Pei:
It marries advanced technology, precise engineering, and groundbreaking design at an unbelievable price.
Other features that have the potential to make this a real winner for buyers include:
- 3 microphone ANC maximising the audio clarity in noisy environments, or allow conversation in the office
- Bluetooth 5.2 connectivity (backwards compatible of course)
- Great battery life (34 hours with the case)
- Fast wired charging (10 mins charging equates to 8 hours playback), or convenience of wireless charging
- An app that can tweak the audio to your preference
- Splash resistent design
- In-ear detection for automatic playback controls
Now we have the full details about the device, all that’s left is the availability. They’ll be available on nothing.tech — with no confirmed Aussie retailers — from the 17th of August. We’ll wait to see the final, confirmed Australian pricing.