TCL has begun pushing out an update to its TCL 10L devices which brings the device up to the latest security patch but also a major firmware update that sees the device upgrading to Android 11 with TCL UI version 3.0.8BHS. When we reviewed it, the TCL 10Lit proved to be a surprise package.
The hefty update — about 3.2GB — brings with it a bunch of new features that include:
- Addition of Lock Screen interface to quickly open the application function
- Addition of Memories to the album gallery
- Add Split Screen function for floating windows mode
- Add less disturbing mode
- Add hidden apps folder
- Add easy Link DNLA feature
- Add app lock increases to face unlock
- Add smart app recommendation and Game Box
- New privacy protection function, more comprehensive protection of privacy data security
On top of these additional features, there are also performance enhancements, reduced power consumption benefits, enhanced system stability and fixes for a number of known errors.
If you own a TCL 10L, you can check to see if the update is available to your device by going to Settings > System > Software Update. Given the size of the update, it is probably recommended to consider downloading when connected to a Wi-Fi network.