After a couple of years of interrupted lives thanks to the pandemic, sports and activities are not only exciting but much needed in everyone’s life, especially for our kids. Kids require a lot of activities to keep themselves healthy and happy – both physical activities to keep them moving and tire them out, but also others to keep them stimulated and entertained.
Scooters are an ideal companion for all the sporty time outdoors. You can get kick scooters (i.e. non-powered) and electric scooters, but don’t think that electric ones are for lazy kids and do all the work – far from it. You might be worried that they are heavy and too complex to ride. But don’t worry. Over the years, the evolution of kids’ scooters has been immense.
Now you’ll find them lighter, incredibly convenient, and easy to operate (for kids of all ages)
Top recommendations in kids’ scooter range
When you intend to buy a scooter for your kid, make sure to inquire about the best ones available in the market. Study in detail the salient features of each of them and consider the one which provides you with the maximum beneficial features. Check with your kid about their choice and then compare its prices from various suppliers.
Finally, purchase the scooter for your little one. When you are in the market for the best kid’s electric scooter, check Scooter Hut. They have a scooter of every range and for all ages of kids (and adults too!). Here are our recommendations for the top varieties of scooters for kids.
- Segway Ninebot E8 — The incredible Segway Ninebot E8 is, so far, the most recommended scooter for kids. It can be used by children from 6 years onwards. The super-swift and convenient hand and foot brake make it pretty easy for the kids to handle. Even the speed of this scooter stays within 8.6mph – so you don’t have to worry about your child over-speeding it in any way. Available in numerous colours, this is an ideal choice for both girls and boys.
- Approximate price – $369
- Added features — Cruise control mode, foldable, safety mode, LED light system, easy to climb and push the dial
- Go Trax GKS — The Go Trax GKS is another fine choice, especially for younger kids. Though you can hand it over to children up to 5 feet in height, the slow speed of the vehicle might be a hindrance to them. It is best recommended for new learners. The best feature of this scooter is the fact that it even glides down at a slow pace, and the maximum speed range cannot exceed more than 7.5mph. With a unique foot-engaged kick-start feature, it stays on the top list of scooters for children between 5 and 7 years.
- Approximate price — $345
- Added features —Larger foot space, automatically turns off when not in use.
- Razor Power Core E90 — An excellent choice for older kids that love long rides on a scooter, the Razor Power Core E90 is mostly recommended for children of 8 years and above. The maximum speed they can enjoy on this scooter is 10mph, and the longest ride time is 80 minutes. The Lower handlebars and smart, sleek body make it one of the bestsellers in the market.
- Approximate price — $240
- Added features — wide deck for better stability, instant halt with handbrakes, and long riding time per battery charge.
- Mongoose React A2 — This one is for all the kids who love riding simple scooters with no complexities and frills. With the maximum speed limit being 10mph and ride time being 8.5 miles, it is pretty safe for the kids too. Recommended for kids above 8 years of age, its push-button leading to kick-starting within a few seconds is a prominent feature. Again, the colours available make it even more attractive for children.
- Approximate price — $179 (but a bit hard to find in Australia)
- Added features — Easiest fender brake, wide deck, quiet motor, and can be used as a kick scooter if the battery dies out.
- The EGlide G30 — This electric scooter is a superb choice for kids. These are most suitable for kids above 8 years old. They are super convenient and smooth to use. Having water resistant tyres, the kids can easily ride on the pavements and broad-walks as well. Being easy to carry and commute, these are ideal choices for the school going kids.
- Approximate price – $499
- Added features — portable, light weight, 250W rear motor, comfortable acceleration and easy to maintain.
- E Glide G60 — If your kid loves to ride a lot and goes on long trips a lot, then EGlide G60 is the pick for you. Its swappable battery provides the children the ease to charge the batteries anywhere. The water resistant and anti-slip rubber footplate makes these entirely safe to ride even on wet roads. Available with customisation options, it is super tempting for kids, and with a powerful motor, it’s good for adults too.
- Approximate price — $699
- Added features — regenerative brake system, super sturdy, portable – safe folding system, quiet and powerful motor and wide deck.
Whenever you consider buying a scooter for your child, it must be the safest, very convenient, and also exciting. If you check the products above, you will find great options with all of these qualities.
It’s also important to check things like battery life, motor capacity and so on; the older / bigger your kid, the more powerful the motor will need to be especially if they like to go a bit quickly. For adults, that’s even more important, as the smaller kids electric scooters will not likely be powerful enough for an average adult.