The Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G was released in Australia late 2021 without much fanfare for $649 RRP and has some very good features considering it’s price of about $547 currently available outright at Bing Lee, Amazon and Officeworks.
In fact for 1 day only it’s available for $448 on Thurs 3rd March if you buy it from Telstra. The Telstra website says it’s only available at that price if you add it to an “Eligible Mobile plan”, however existing Telstra customers with a Telstra ID can buy a mobile handset without signing up for a new mobile plan.
I know two people who have purchased the A52s 5G and they are very happy with the phone, upgrading from older Samsung A series phones that they had bought several years ago.
Key Samsung A52s 5G features are :
- Gorilla Glass 5 protected Large 6.5 inch Super AMOLED screen with 120Hz refresh, 800 nits max brightness, 1080 by 2400 resolution.
- Launched with Android 11, already received Android 12 update.
- Headphone Jack, NFC, optical fingerprint reader and IP67 dust/water resistance up to 1 metre for 30 minutes.
- Snapdragon 778G chipset which supports 5G, Bluetooth 5.2 audio and Wi-Fi 6.
- 128GB storage onboard, 6GB RAM and microSDXC slot
- 4500mAh battery with 25W charging supported, bundled with 15W charger.
- Better than average megapixel count and f stop cameras for a mid range phone:
- Main wide 64 MP, f/1.8, 26mm, 1/1.7″, 0.8µm, PDAF, OIS
- Ultra wide angle: 12 MP, f/2.2, 123-degree, 1.12µm
- Macro: 5 MP, f/2.4
- Depth: 5 MP, f/2.4
- Selfie: 32 MP, f/2.2, 26mm (wide), 1/2.8″, 0.8µm.
So if you need a phone for about $500 this one is well worth considering, especially bearing in mind that no other mid range phone manufacturer around this price offers guaranteed updates to Android 13 and 14 as well as 4 years of security updates.