COVID has turbo charged demand for large screen TV’s and projectors capable of creating a home cinema experience.
To cater for that at the premium end Epson has launched its most advanced home theatre projector to date in Australia – the EH-LS12000B 4K PRO-UHD laser projector which I got to see in action yesterday displaying some demo content from the movies 1917 and Godzilla vs Kong as well as the Assassin’s Creed game.
Of course Epson chose video content that would show off their projector’s capabilities so I can’t say what free to air TV, Netflix etc looked like but what I did see was quite impressive as the projector easily dealt with the fast paced action in Godzilla vs Kong, demonstrated good frame interpolation while panning in 1917 and showed that low latency gaming was possible as well.
Most Aussies including myself don’t have the budget or the dedicated spare space to have a home theatre cinema room but it’s good to know what bleeding edge technology offers because in a few years time the same tech will be available at a more affordable price for the majority of people.
Incorporating an all-new laser array light source, image enhancement and processing algorithms, expanded HDR10+ and HDMI 2.1 support and real-time scene adaptive correction, the EH-LS12000B produces great brightness, colour accuracy and image detail for a 4K viewing experience or immersive gaming without having a traditional flat screen TV massive slab of glass take up space in your viewing room.
The laser engine’s long lifespan of up to 20,000 hours at light output of 100% provides virtually worry-free operation for many years. There’s no waiting for the projector to warm-up or cool down either, as the projector reaches maximum brightness and turns off almost immediately.
To make installation simple you can precisely shift the lens up to +/- 96% vertically and up to +/- 47% horizontally without any loss in picture distortion or clarity thanks to the EH-LS12000B’s 3-axis motorised lens.
- 4K PRO-UHD Advanced pixel-shifting technology works in parallel with three individual high-definition LCD chips to produce an exceptionally sharp 4K picture achieving 8.3 million pixels and displaying a resolution of 3840 x 2160 on screen without sacrificing picture brightness
- Laser array light source – provides up to 20,000 hours of virtually maintenance free operation, with the added benefits of higher image contrast and instant ON/OFF
- Epson picture processor– Epson’s most advanced video processing technology to date, the proprietary 32-bit Epson Picture Processor handles real-time colour, contrast, HDR, frame interpolation and resolution enhancement to faithfully reproduce the source material the way it was intended to be shown
- High picture brightness – Impressive 2,700 lumens of colour and 2,700 lumens of white brightness for an exceptional picture in virtually any home theatre environment – even in rooms with ambient light
- Lens shift – With this innovative technology, the projector does not need to be placed directly in front of the screen. This comes in handy when there might be light fixtures or ceiling fans which cannot be moved
- True 3-chip 3LCD projector engine– Advanced 3LCD technology uses three individual LCD chips to continuously display 100 percent of the RGB colour signal for every frame; this allows for outstanding colour gamut while maintaining excellent brightness without any rainbowing or colour brightness issues seen with other projection technologies
- Impressive HDR – Full 10-bit HDR colour processing accepting 100 percent of the HDR source information to faithfully reproduce HDR, HDR10+ and HLG (Hybrid Log Gamma) content for an exceptional visual performance; real-time HDR curve adjustment allows for 16 steps of control to fine-tune the HDR performance regardless of the content
- Great for gaming – Gaming up to 4K at 120 frames per second, along with input lag times below 20 ms, allow for serious gamers to take full advantage of the latest generation of gaming consoles and even higher-end gaming PCs
The Epson EH-LS12000B 4K PRO-UHD laser projector is available now for $8,999 from authorised Epson resellers across Australia.
|WHAT’S IN THE BOX||EH-LS12000B Projector, 3m Power Cable, Remote Control, 2x Batteries, Cable Cover, User Guide, QR Code Sheet|
|Projection System||3 LCD|
|LCD Panel||0.74-inch panel|
|Light source||Laser diode|
|Colour Light Output||2,700 Lumens|
|White Light Output||2,700 Lumens|
|Resolution||4K (1920 x 1080 x 4). 4K Resolution Enhancement Technology shifts each pixel to produce an image on screen, up to the stated specification|
|Native Aspect Ratio||16:09|
|Colour Reproduction||Up to 1.07 billion colours|
|Colour Processing||10 bit (12 bit image Processing)|
|Keystone Correction||Vertical: -30 to +30 degrees|
|Horizontal: -30 to +30 degrees|
|Lens Shift (Powered)||Yes|
|Zoom Ratio||1 – 2.1 (Optical)|
|Screen Size||50″ to 300″ (16:9) [148cm to 908cm]|
|Projection Distance (measured from the end of unit to projection screen)||100″ screen (16:9) – 3.0 – 6.3 m|
|Throw Ratio||1.35 (Zoom: Wide)|
|2.84 (Zoom: Tele)|
|Lens F Number||2.0 – 3.0|
|Lens Focal Length||22.5 mm – 46.7 mm|
|Input: Digital||2 x HDMI (HDCP2.3) (HDMI2 supports eARC/ARC)|
|Input: Opt.HDMI||1 x USB A|
|Input: Control||1 x RS232c|
|Network I/O||1 x RJ45|
|Trigger Out||3.5 mm mini-jack|
|High Dynamic Range – HDR10, HDR10+||Yes|
|Hybrid Log Gamma – HLG||Yes|
|Advanced Image processing||Yes|
|Super Resolution||Yes (4K compatible)|
|Frame Interpolation||Yes (up to 4K 60fps)|
|Auto Contrast Enhancement||Yes|
|Scene Adaptive Gamma||Yes|
|Direct Power On||Yes|
|Security||Kensington®-style lock provision|
|Colour Modes||Dynamic, Bright Cinema, Cinema, Natural, Vivid|
|Dimensions D x W x H (Projector Inc Feet)||447 x 520 x 192.7 mm|
|Net Weight (Projector)||Approx. 12.7 kg|
|Projector Warranty||3 Years|
|Power Consumption: Normal||302 W|
|Power Consumption: Standby||2.0W|
|Noise Level||Normal: 30 dB|
|Quiet: 22 dB|