Motorola has a new low mid range phone available with the $399 Motorola Moto G62 5G launching in Australia today.
It doesn’t happen very often but all 3 of our mobile networks have decided they like it so you can buy the Moto G62 5G from Optus, Telstra and Vodafone (from August 1) as well as from today at JB Hi-Fi, Harvey Norman, The Good Guys, Officeworks, Big W Online, Mobileciti and Lenovo Online.
Wherever you buy it in Australia there’s only one colour available which is Midnight Gray.
If you do plan on buying it bear in mind two differences between the retail and telco store versions:
- retail store warranty is 12 months but if you buy it from Optus, Telstra and Vodafone the warranty is 24 months.
- telco version is Single SIM + Storage card slot while the retailer version allows Dual SIM or SIM + Storage Card
Motorola says it promises one Android OS update from 12 to 13 and security updates every 2 months for 2 years.
Key features include:
- Stereo speakers with Dolby Atmos support
- Large 6.5″ screen with adaptive 60/90/120hz refresh
- Snapdragon 480+ 5G processor with 4GB RAM
- 50 MP main camera with Quad Pixel technology, 8 MP ultra-wide angle lens, 2 MP Macro and 16 MP selfie cam
- Full HD+ (2400 x 1080) 405ppi screen
- 128GB storage onboard + storage slot
- 5000mAh battery
Speaking during the virtual video launch event Kurt Bonnici, Head of Motorola for Australia and New Zealand said:
“What’s special about the moto g62 5G is that it’s a compact device built for entertainment at a very competitive price point. The moto g family revolutionised the industry by providing the best overall experience at an affordable price without compromising on features. 12 iterations later, our moto g devices continue to make new technology and features accessible to more people across the world”.