Global electronic book and audiobook company Kobo has launched the new 6″inch Clara 2E e-reader.
There are quite a few improvements the Clara 2E has compared to the previous Clara 2 e-reader including:
- built with an exterior made with more than 85% recycled plastic, including 10% ocean-bound plastic
- 6″ HD E Ink Carta 1200 glare-free screen
- Waterproof – up to 60 minutes water resistance in up to 2 metres of water
- Bluetooth enabled – restricted to listening to Kobo Audiobooks
- ComfortLight PRO with blue light reduction, allowing for more late-night reading without affecting your sleep quality
- 16GB storage – up to 12,000 eBooks or 75 Kobo Audiobooks (of average size)
Content can be loaded from many free and paid sources including:
- side loaded by USB-C cable from your computer
- built-in Kobo Store for audiobooks and ebooks
- Free local library borrowing via OverDrive/Libby
- Send web articles to e-reader via Pocket
- subscribe to Kobo Plus for an all-you-can-read subscription with an ongoing monthly fee.
Michael Tamblyn, CEO, Rakuten Kobo commented:
“Kobo Clara 2E is about living our values: providing a better reading experience while also taking an important step toward sustainability. We believe that each small, thoughtful, and intentionally placed act can make a meaningful impact”.
“So, we’re starting by incorporating recycled materials into the device, accessories and packaging to complement our booklovers’ favourite features, like waterproofing and Bluetooth wireless technology so they can listen to their favourite audiobooks.”
Besides using more recycled plastic to make it’s e-readers and SleepCover case products, Kobo says it will offset 100% of the carbon emissions associated with direct shipments of its Kobo eReaders.
Kobo’s custom-designed and protective SleepCovers are also made from recycled materials, now available in Black, Deep Ocean Blue, Coral Reef Orange, and Sea Glass Green.
Available at www.kobo.com and select retailers, Kobo Clara 2E will retail for $229.95 in Australia.
Pre-orders are available now and the devices will be available in stores and online beginning September 22 in Canada, the US, the UK, Netherlands, France, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Sweden, Switzerland, Poland, Australia, Singapore, and Malaysia.