Looking to root your brand new HTC One X that you just purchased from Optus, Vodafone, Crazy John’s, Virgin or outright from somewhere? Well you’re in luck. Paul at MoDaCo has released a method to root your brand new device, and it’s fairly simple and straightforward. We’re going to tell you right now we take no responsibility for any problems that arise from you unlocking the full potential of your HTC One X.
- Download InsecureBootAndRoot r2 .zip file
- Extract the contents of the .zip to a directory on your computer
- Boot your One X into bootloader mode — volume down + power
- WINDOWS: double-click ‘install-secure-windows.bat’
- MAC: Open a terminal window to the directory containing the files, and type ‘chmod +x install-insecure-mac.sh’ followed by ‘./install-insecure-mac.sh’
- LINUX: Open a terminal window to the directory containing the files, and type ‘chmod +x install-insecure-linux.sh’ followed by ‘./install-insecure-linux.sh’
Your HTC One X will now be flashing the new boot image and then reboot. Make sure you keep the device attached to your computer via USB, and once it has rebooted, make sure USB debugging is enabled so that SuperSU files will install.
Well done, you’ve rooted your HTC One X.
be careful guys, as other people mentioned you need to unlock your bootloader first, and also this is not the safest way to get root. In my case I ended up with boot loop and had to search for appropriate boot.img and reflash it back. After that I got root access using ClockwordMod recovery to flash SuperSU CWM-installable ZIP (CWM-SuperSU-v0.98.zip)
Unlock the bootloader first, and then apply the steps here.
Just Rooted my One X….very easy!
You cannot just root your device like this, you need to unlock your bootloader first via HTCDEV … !! [email protected]
Nothing happen , can’t root my one x
Brand new authentic mobile phones available for sale, brand new unlocked, can work with any network of your choice. buy 3 get 1 free Apple iphone 4S 64gb…..$700 Apple iPhone 4G 32gb ……… $450 Apple iphone 4G 16gb ……… $350 Apple Ipad 2 Wi-Fi 64GB ——– $600 Apple iPad 2 Wi-Fi 32GB ——– $450 Apple iPad 2 Wi-Fi 16GB ———$350 Apple iPad 3G Wi-Fi 64GB — $400 Apple 17″ MacBook Pro Intel Core i7 2.66GHz, 4GB RAM, 500GB …$ 1200 Apple Macbook Pro 17? 2.16GHZ Intel core Duo — $600 Apple Macbook Pro 15.4/2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo — $500… Read more »
rooting your X usually ends badly 😉
I approve of this message.
That reply has just been moved to the “GOLD” replies.