If you purchased your Samsung Galaxy S II from Vodafone, then you’ve got an update waiting in the cloud to be pulled down to your Dual-Core superphone. You can either update your phone over-the-air (FOTA) or via Kies. To perform the update over-the-air you’ll need to follow this checklist:
- Make sure your phone is fully (or mostly) charged and connected to either 3G or Wi-Fi (download is free on Vodafone’s network in AU)
- Make sure you’re logged into your Google and Samsung (Menu > Settings > Accounts and Sync > Add Account > Samsung Account) Accounts
- Get your phone to check for the update: Menu > Settings > About Phone > Software Update > Check for Update
- If the update is available (some will see it ASAP, others a litter later on) select Yes on the download screen
- Once the update is completed the phone will reboot, and you’re done.
Vodafone state on their website that the update is for improved web browsing performance, whatever that means exactly. For an update of this caliber we can’t imagine it will be too large in size.
Source: Samsung Australia - Vodafone SGSII Update.
but mine repeatedly fails after 7% and then reboots again to Gingerbread
Pretty sure the browser was quite laggy before.