The new Netgear Nighthawk 4G LTE Wi-Fi 6 Router (LAX20) announced at CES 2021 provides connectivity that supports higher speed WiFi6 devices, enabling 4G SIM powered home and office networks in the absence of NBN or other broadband options.
The Nighthawk LAX20 router supports advanced Wi-Fi 6 networking technology delivering 1.8Gbps of high-performance Wi-Fi (600mbit 2.4ghz & 1200mbit 5Ghz) and improved network capacity to handle a greater number of connected devices on the home network.
Containing a 4G LTE modem for instances where traditional wired internet options are not available or reliable, the Nighthawk LAX20 router provides an alternate mobile internet connectivity option.
The Nighthawk LAX20 Router can provide peace of mind that you’ll have internet access even during a network outage with its fail-over capability to seamlessly switch over to LTE when needed.
The new router also serves as an ideal solution for those who need internet access for limited time frames for instances such as a vacation home or short-term rentals.
The 4G LTE wireless capability is also designed for those who need to maintain a consistent high-speed connection when wired broadband is not fast enough or unreliable eg: Fibre to the Node NBN.
Having a consistent and reliable internet connection has come to be regarded as a necessity with the surge of online activity due to the massive increase in work from home, distance learning and video streaming for entertainment.
The Nighthawk LAX20 should be available in Australia by Easter, with pricing to be confirmed shortly.
- Dimensions: 295.8 x 206 x 57.2 mm
- Weight: 580 grams
- LTE Cat 6
- TS9 connectors
- Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) Dual Band WiFi (AX1800)
– 2.4G: 600Mbps, 40/20MHz 1024/256-QAM
– 5G: 1200Mbps, 80/40/20MHz 1024-QAM
– 160MHz channel support
– Backwards compatible with 802.11a/b/g/n/ac WiFi
- Uplink & downlink OFDMA — Improved capacity and efficiency
- Powerful quad-core processor
- One (1) USB 2.0 port
- Memory: 512MB flash and 512MB RAM
- Additional DFS channels reduce interference from neighbouring networks
- Longer range with 2 high-performance antennas
- Five (5) 10/100/1000Mbps Gigabit Ethernet ports – 1 WAN & 4 LAN