The Galaxy S6 is a device made by made by Samsung (click to view other devices from Samsung).
Samsung Galaxy S6 and Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge are Android smartphones manufactured and marketed by Samsung Electronics. The S6 and S6 Edge jointly serve as successors to the Galaxy S5. The smartphones were officially unveiled in a press conference at Mobile World Congress on 1 March 2015. Alongside the S6, Samsung also unveiled the S6 Edge, a variant whose screen is wrapped along the sides of the device; the curvature is usable for several additional features. The Galaxy S6 was released on 10 April 2015 in 20 countries.
Although the Galaxy S6’s overall design still features some similarities to past Samsung Galaxy S smartphones, it features several major departures from them, including the use of a metal unibody frame instead of plastic, a back cover made of glass, and a lack of removable battery or expandable storage. The device also introduces an improved camera, supports both major wireless charging standards, and supports a mobile payments platform that allows the device to emulate the magnetic strip from a credit card. The S6 features other hardware improvements as well, including a quad HD display and a more reliable fingerprint scanner.
- OS (at launch): Android 6.0
- Display: 5.1-inch
- Camera: 16MP at f/1.9
- Chipset: Exynos 7420 (2.1 GHz x 4 + 1.5 GHz x 4)
- RAM: 3GB Storage: 32GB, 64GB, 128GB
- Battery: 2,550mAh
- Sony Xperia Z5 vs Samsung Galaxy S6 — Camera Shootout, posted 9 October, 2015
- Samsung Galaxy S6 / Galaxy S6 Edge — Review, posted 6 May, 2015
- Samsung Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge — Accessories — Wireless Charging, posted 14 April, 2015